All personal data is stored in accordance with the principals of the Data Protection Act 1998. Suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been put in place to safeguard data collected through the website. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, your data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes affiliates and other companies within our group.
Last updated: May 2018.
What information do we collect about you?
This section describes how and when we may collect your personal information.
‘Personal information’ means any information relating to an individual, which can identify them – either directly or indirectly. It can refer, amongst other things, to an identification number, or to one or more specific identifying pieces of information, such as an address or date of birth.
When you do any of these:
- Set up an account on the White feathers website
- Place an order with us
- Enter any competition, promotion or prize draw
- Upload an image or comment in relation to your order
- Sign up for our marketing communications
- Fill out any forms on the White feathers website
- Correspond with us, whether by phone, email or chat facility
- When you browse our website
Then, we may collect your personal information, including:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone/ mobile number
- Add notes to your order
- Technical information about how you access and use our websites, including your IP address browser type and operating system.
For further information about the use of your IP address and technical information please see our cookies policy.
We’ll also require your credit or debit card details when you place an order (unless you pay with PayPal).
How do we use your information?
We use your information for the following:
- So we can personalise your shopping experience on our sites
- To allow us to handle your orders, deliver products and process your payments and refunds
- To let you know about your orders
- To update our records and generally maintain your account with us
- To keep a record of when and why you contact us and to keep your contact details up-to-date
- For statistical, analytical or survey purposes – so we can improve our websites and their services to you
- To prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our sites. Also to enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf
- If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you
- To process your application when you enter a competition promotion or prize draw. (If there are other purposes specific to that competition promotion or prize draw, these will be explained in the applicable Competition Terms & Conditions)
How can I opt out from receiving marketing and newsletters?
If you sign up to our marketing communications i.e. email newsletter, or ask to be included in our marketing communications, we may keep you informed by email, text or other electronic means about our products and special offers that we think you’ll like.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, or to change your mind at any time.
You can opt out by:
- Contacting us via email at email@example.com, submitting an enquiry through our website, phoning us on 01291 409078 Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm or writing to us at:
White feathers - Write From The Heart
Office B, The Greyhound Building
17 Moor Street
- Unsubscribing from our email newsletters by following the link on the newsletter (every newsletter we send you will include a link to allow you to opt out)
We’ll try our best to process request promptly but it may take a few days for your opt-out or unsubscribe request to be changed.
How do we protect your information?
Our sites use up-to-date industry procedures to protect your personal information. We also protect the security of your data during transmission using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software. We may vary this in the future if we feel you will benefit from greater security whilst using our sites.
Do we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who operate elements of our service and process data on our behalf. These may include business partners who provide delivery fulfilment services i.e. Royal Mail. Where such disclosures are made, this will be under contractual arrangements with us and carried out in accordance with the requirements of UK and European data protection laws.
Your personal information may be processed by us or our service providers outside the European Economic Area in countries that don’t have the same standards of protection for personal information as the UK. If your personal information is processed outside the European Economic Area we will ensure that your personal information will be adequately protected as required by data protection law.
Your personal information and payment card details will be processed by Barclaycard for the purposes of dealing with card payment transactions and to protect against fraud. Your personal information will be processed on our behalf by Barclaycard and your credit/debit card details are shared with Barclaycard and stored by Barclaycard outside of the European Economic Area. We will ensure that your personal information will be adequately protected as required by data protection law.
We may carry out fraud and security checks with Barclaycard and other organisations involved in fraud prevention. If we or they suspect or identify fraud we and/or they may record this and may also pass this information to other organisations for the purpose of fraud prevention. We, Barclaycard and these other organisations may use this information for fraud prevention purposes in the future.
We will also disclose any of your personal information to any third party where we are under a duty to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or protect any of our rights, property or safety (or those of our customers).
Our sites may also contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we don’t accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these websites’ privacy policies before you submit any personal information to them.
Changes to this policy